We prefer you sending your work through http://indianreview.in/submit-your-work/
Submissions are Welcome all year-round !
We seek writing in English or translated into English that is strong, well-crafted and reflects the pace and transition of our times. Based out of India, we view writing with a connection to the subcontinent with particular interest but are open to submissions from around the world. We encourage new writers and we encourage writing that tells a story.
We would like to get submission for :
- English Literature
- Literature written in other languages
- Indian Writings in English
- Colonial and Postcolonial Literature
- Cultural Studies
- Aesthetic Studies
- Critical theories
- Literature and Environment
- Visual Arts
- Digital Arts
- Philosophy and Art
- History of Art
- Copyright remains with the author. Should your piece be published again, we request the courtesy of an acknowledgment stating that the piece was first published earlier.
- We aim to be able to pay our authors but at this point we continue to seek sponsors who would allow that to be possible.
- Kindly include a short bio that could be attached along with your work,
Few important Submission Guidelines:
- To retain punctuation and layout ( including italics or any changes in font) send as MS Word document (.doc format), Apple Works converted to .doc etc. as an attached file or using our SUBMIT page.
- If you do have the original copy of the poem/short story, Please do send it as a .jpg(.jpeg) or “scan” copy so as to publish the original side by side with your translation.
- Currently we do not accept any material by post.
- Novel excerpts must be self-contained
- Our possible “picking” our categories will exclude the following:
– genre fiction ( e.g horror, science fiction, mysteries)
– any work containing explicit or erotic language
By submitting your work to the Indian Review, you grant us serial rights and the right to archive your work online for an indefinite period of time. As appropriate, we may also choose to nominate published work for awards or recognition. You retain all other rights.
Once the issue featuring your work has been published, you are free to republish your work as you wish, online and/or in print. We also welcome you to create a link to the Indian Review (http://www.indianreview.com/) from your personal website.